Friday, May 24, 2019

Hammer Springs Camp


Image result for hanmer springsThis week in Totara 2 we finally went on on camp! And although I had been on the camp before I thoroughly enjoyed it.  The camp took place from Monday to Wednesday, we left at 8:30 and arrived around 12 had some lunch and then headed of to our first activity.  Orienteering was a lot of fun and one of the highlights of camp. It involves maps running around a forest with your friends aimlessly trying to find cylinders with numbers on them hanging from trees. Whats not to like? Another highlight I had (which I'm pretty sure everyone enjoyed) was the hot pools. They were toasty warm and it felt like you could just fall asleep in them not to mention how cool the hydro slide was. I want to say thanks to all of the parents that came along to camp because without them camp wouldn't have been enjoyable as it was.

5 comments:

  1. KIA ORA Oliver this is Arli. I like your post on camp, I also think it was a pretty cool camp.
    What is your favourite camp ?
    What was your most favourite activity ?
    Thanks for sharing this with us, I'm looking forward to looking at your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Oliver, Rhys here from T4, I like how you told us what you liked about this camp. I only got back from camp on Friday, It was really cool. Did you go down the bowl, if so how was it, cool, scary, let me know.
    Rhys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Oliver

    It is great that you enjoyed going on school camp to Hanmer Springs. Even if you have been there before, it is always a fun place to go.
    It is great that you have thanked the parents that went on camp with you. Well done for that.
    I enjoyed the Sculpture Park walk, it was awesome. I really liked that Eagle, it was my favourite. Although the dog at the start was also pretty cool!
    What was your favourite?

    Keep up the great work!

    Mrs Costello :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Oliver,
    Thanks for sharing your camp experience with us. I love Hanmer Springs, it is one of my favourite places to go with my family. I agree with you thanking the parents, it would be impossible to go on camp without them.
    My favourite thing to do on camp was the sculpture walk, I really liked the bear up the tree!
    Keep up the great blogging, I look forward to seeing you post some more of your work.
    Miss H :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia Ora Oliver.
    Great job on your blog post it was really enjoyable to read. I really like how you included the parents who helped you. What I think you can work on is spacing it out other than that is was amazing
    from Islay

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.